You can opt to have your SDS money deposited into a bank account of your choice and engage a care provider to either provide additional support to compliment your own PA employees or instead of becoming a PA employer.
Having the money in an account under your control means that you can engage the care provider you want but it also allows you flexibility and creativity in how you meet your outcomes outside of purchasing care from an agency.
Having an Individual Service Fund or ISF means that you are in control of the money and how it’s used. It gives you the flexibility to move care provider or to decide to use some of the money to purchase equipment or other care services.
With the Individual Service Fund service, SPAEN will:
- Open a designated bank account on your behalf and in your name;
- Administer the designated bank account on your behalf;
- Make payments you authorise to your service provider on your behalf;
- Support you in any disputes you have with your service provider over invoices or services that you are paying for;
- Make any other payments you authorise to allow you to purchase equipment or other supports away from the care provider.
This service costs £414 per year and, should you decide to move service provider or become a PA employer at a later stage, you can make the transition simply and easily.
SPAEN’s Individual Service Fund (ISF) accounts are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), meaning your SDS monies are always in safe hands! Find out more about the FSCS here.
|Because the direct payment is in an account in YOUR name, you remain in complete control of how the money is spent to meet your agreed outcomes and have the flexibility to change service provider at any time.|