Pensions for Personal Assistant Employers
Personal Assistant Employers are required to meet the requirements of the Pensions Act.
This includes making an initial assessment of your workforce and re-assessing them after every pay run to see if their eligibility has changed; making statutory communications to your workforce and the Pension Regulator and automatically re-enrolling all eligible workers on the 3rd anniversary of your staging date.
You will also be required to have a qualifying pension scheme available for eligible employees to either be automatically enrolled into or “opt in” to if they choose to do so. You can download SPAEN’s Guide to Pensions Auto-Enrolment for PA Employers by clicking here
Auto Enrolment Package*:
In conjunction with our payroll or managed account service, SPAEN will:
- Act as your nominated contact with the Pension Regulator;
- Provide guidance and assistance in complying with all your statutory duties;
- Establish a “Qualifying Pension Scheme” on your behalf;
- Make an initial assessment of your workforce;
- Provide statutory, compliant correspondence for issuing to your employees;
- Re-assess your workforce at every pay reference period;
- Manage all “Opt-in” and “Opt-out” requests from your employees;
- Calculate, deduct and make all pension contributions on your behalf;
- Calculate, deduct and make all pension contributions on your employee’s behalf;
- Provide telephone or e-mail assistance and guidance to you and your employee
- Automatically re-enrol all eligible workers on the 3rd anniversary of your staging date
- Automatically complete and file your Statement of Compliance with the Pension Regulator
There is no initial set-up fee for this service, all you pay is £15 per month and you can relax in the knowledge that all your statutory duties are being taken care of.
All payroll and Managed Account clients are automatically enrolled in SPAEN’s Pension Service but you can “Opt Out” of this service. All you have to do is complete and sign a declaration form stating that you or another person acting on your behalf will undertake all your statutory duties in relation to the Pension Act.
As the Pension Act is law, SPAEN is required to ensure this is done as a matter of course and where you cannot declare or evidence that you are complying with your legal duties, we may have to withdraw our payroll service.
Get help now!
This service is only available via SPAEN payroll or Managed Account Service users but switching your payroll provider is very simple and cost effective.
Contact Us to Find Out More
You can call us on 01698 250280 or complete our contact form for more information