How you manage Annual Leave can have a massive impact on both you and your PAs. Here are a few tips to prevent/minimise any issues:
- Be proactive in the management of Annual Leave.
- Encourage staff to submit dates for their holiday as far in advance as possible.
- Keep a record of how much Annual Leave each PA has taken during the year and how much they have left.
- Ensure that Annual Leave is planned in such a way that you still have PAs when you need them. Don’t leave it to chance.
- Don’t wait until major holidays are close (Christmas, Summer Holidays etc.) to check if your PAs want to take Annual Leave during those times.
- Don’t make your PAs feel guilty about taking Annual Leave.