What is Option 2 ISF?
An ISF (Individual service Fund) or support budget is money for support that could come from several places. You can choose your own support but someone else will arrange that support and manage the money on your behalf.
- You can choose the care or service provider that you want to support you;
- You don’t have to manage the monies but you can choose to have an Individual Service Fund (ISF) if you want;
- The care agency will be responsible for planning to make sure you meet your outcomes;
- You may not be able to choose the person(s) who support you as the care agency will decide this and provide the staff to you;
- You may not always get the same staff, so there could be inconsistency
- You may find that you have less or no control over how your budget is used;
- You may not be able to get support at the times you want it, it will be down to the availability of the care staff;
- You can check out care agency ratings on the Care Inspectorate website here. If you want a bit more control over the budget, you can get assistance to manage an Individual Service Fund (ISF).