What is Option 3 Council Services?
The local authority will commission a service on your behalf. The local authority will have responsibility for identifying and commissioning (or providing appropriate support and making payment of the relevant amount to the identified provider).
- You don’t need to take on any of the responsibility for employing your own staff;
- You don’t need to engage with a care agency;
- You don’t need to manage any of the money;
- You may not be able to choose the person(s) who support you as the council will decide this and provide the staff to you;
- You may not be able to get support at the times you want it, it will be down to the availability of the care staff;
- You may get different care staff turning up each time;
- You can speak to your Care Manager or Social Worker about what council supports are available to you.
For FREE and impartial advice, please call us on 0845 601 1156, alternatively you can email at us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If this is not the service for you why not try one of the other options below.