What is Option 4 a mix of the options?
Option 4 gives you the opportunity to have a "mix and match" of the other three options - for example you can have a direct payment that allows you to control and manage part of your care. You can have the council arrange part of your care via council services, the choice is yours.
- You can benefit from the freedom of having a Personal Assistant (PA) for some parts of your care and support;
- You can have agency and / or council services for other parts of your support;
- This mix may give you greater certainty that your care needs will be met consistently;
- You need to think about the employment law aspects of this option such as the Agency Worker Regulations;
- Using Option 4 means you will need to co-ordinate some of the elements of your care plan and support package and work with agency / council staff to co-ordinate the care arrangements;
- There may be less scope for creative purchases and flexibility;
- You can speak to your Care Manager or Social Worker about what council supports are available to you or contact SPAEN for more information.